Shift Manager + Taproom Associate
The Shift Manager + Taproom Associate reports to the Taproom Manager and the Head of Hospitality. As Shift Manager, they are charged with supporting the daily operations of the taprooms to ensure successful operations. Part of this hybrid role is also serving as a Taproom Associate, which includes bartending, serving, and other front-of-house roles. This role works a split schedule between Shift Manager and Taproom Associate shifts on a rotation with the other Shift Manager + Taproom Associates.
- Acquires and maintains intimate knowledge of all our beers and food
- Assists in solving guest related questions or concerns
- Assists with cooler organization and proper sell dates
- Can independently oversee and execute opening and closing procedures
- Can reconcile end of shift reporting for revenue centers
- Covers taproom jobs as needed
- Understands each FOH role, including but limited to Bartender, Server, Host, Food Runner, etc.
- Escalates personnel or site issues that need to be addressed
- Bartends with a focus on multitasking, including warmly serving customers at the bar, pouring Service tickets, and maintaining appropriate levels of glassware at the same time.
- Greets guests warmly and promptly while communicating experience expectations
- Maintains positive and energizing relationships with all staff
- Welcomes and seats guests in a service-forward, professional manner.
- Communicates clearly between front of house and back of house staff to complete job tasks successfully.
- Completes taproom opening and closing procedures specific to job position, whether bartending or serving.
- Finds opportunities to deliver great hospitality to our customers and our peers.
- Identifies, maintains and promotes a clean and safe working environment with detail.
- Maintains positive and energizing relationships with co-workers and lends a hand outside of your job code when able.
- Maintains service needs by stocking supplies for service in designated areas.
- Provides guest service by setting and clearing tables.
- Menu communication to staff for beer menu changes
- Oversees on site staff with support from Taproom Manager and Head of Hospitality
- Prioritizes guest experience, recognizes and embraces opportunities for hospitality
- Promotes and maintains a clean and safe working environment
- Reports to work on time and with ample physical and mental energy to genuinely represent Half Acre hospitality systems
- Supports Taproom Manager and Head of Hospitality with programming execution, daily operation tasks, and staff communication
- Uses judgement to assess needed changes in daily operations
- Works floor shifts as needed to provide guidance and supervision to the staff
- Meets with Head of Hospitality and management team as needed
- Must be 21+ years old
- Ability to work nights/weekends
- Confident and steady in stressful situations
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a solid work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skill
- Flexible in daily tasks with ability to prioritize effectively
- Passionate about our food and beverage programs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 2+ years management
- 3+ years in a hospitality job position
- Applicants must be able to lift up to 35 lb cases and maneuver 165 lb kegs (with assistance)
- Must be able to stand for an average of 8 hours with applicable breaks
To apply for this position, follow the link below!Click to apply!
Half Acre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.