Half Acre Beer Co. is seeking a qualified individual to execute the daily sampling program within the Half Acre quality department. The Half Acre laboratory technician will be responsible for conducting daily micro- and molecular biological sampling as well as weekly chemical measurements. This individual will also be responsible for interpreting micro, molecular, and chemical results and communicating findings with the quality team.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We can assist applicants with finding and obtaining vaccination appointments to meet these requirements as necessary. Medical and religious requests for exception to this requirement will be reviewed and granted in accordance with federal equal employment (EEO) laws.
- Maintains glassware by washing, sterilizing, and storing
- Maintains common lab reagents, aliquots, and consumables
- Prepares culture media and pours microbiological plates
- Aseptically collects and plates samples, and interprets growth results
- Conducts regular yeast cell counts and viability testing
- qPCR testing and interpretation of results
- Conducts routine extract, pH, and temperature readings, and interprets results which includes navigating the cellar and collecting samples from tanks
- Conducts spectrophotometric-based sample prep and assays, and interprets results
- Collects and organizes packaged beer samples for sensory library
- Operates total package analyzer for packaged beer gas analysis
- Bright beer tank (BBT) release
- First, have a constant commitment to safety and quality
- Be a conscientious person, keeping in mind the needs of others as well as your own
- Hold yourself accountable for maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Be detail-oriented and thorough in all you do
- Aseptic technique
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to maneuver 165 lb. kegs into position
- Must be able to navigate platform ladder while sampling from tanks